Welcome to Business Studies
Upon teaming up with DT, we are giving year 9 pupils a chance to gain an insight into Business where they can explore their own Business ideas and look at turning them into a reality! This will help to prepare our pupils for when they get the opportunity to choose Business at GCSE level.
Year 10 and 11
EDEXCEL GCSE BUSINESS STUDIES
GCSE Business Studies encourages pupils to be inspired, moved and challenged. This course enables pupils to:
- Actively engage in the study of business and economics to develop as effective and independent students and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts and opinions, to build arguments and make informed judgements
- Develop and apply their knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of local, national and global contexts
- Appreciate the range of perspectives of different stakeholders in relation to business and economic activities
- Consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable.
Pupils will complete the following units over the 2 year course:
- 5BS01 – Introduction to Small Business – this is a 25% multiple choice external examination.
- 5BS02 – Investigating Small Business – this is a 25% controlled assessment.
- 5BS03 – Building a Business – this is a 50% written external examination.
Business Studies prepares pupils to make an informed decision about further learning opportunities and career choices.