Education is part of the Church’s mission to proclaim that:
- God the Father made us,
- God the Son redeemed us,
- God the Spirit keeps us in His love.
Our aim is to grow as a community in the love of our God who is revealed to us through his word in the Bible and in the traditions of the Church. We believe that:
- We are all unique, created in God’s image and called to work for the common good.
- Our aim is to nurture everyone’s God given potential.
We will work in partnership as staff, pupils and parents to create:
- A welcoming Christian community.
- A place where everyone feels valued and affirmed.
- A school with a spirit of caring.
We will strive to live by and understand the values of Jesus Christ:
Welcome, friendship, support, reconciliation, hope and joy.
Our young people will be helped:
- To grow in their gifts and talents in a spirit of co-operation
- with a sense of responsibility towards God and each other.
They will do this:
- by showing a commitment to work for justice and peace,
- in a spirit of compassion for those in need.
This Mission is made real each day as pupils and teachers try to live by the teaching of Jesus.
HEART speaks to HEART
John Henry Newman chose “Heart speaks unto Heart” as the motto to go on his coat of arms when he became a Cardinal in 1879. Inspired by these words spoken by St. Francis de Sales, Newman calls us to hear God speaking to our hearts and to listen for our mission from God. In the college we have embraced and adopted virtues that help us to fulfil our mission and guide us on the right path.
These virtues and personal enablers have become the basis of everything we do in the college in and out of the classroom, in the way we interact with one another and in the way we plan for our futures.