What is the John Henry Newman Parent Partnership?
If you are the parent or carer of a child at John Henry Newman Catholic College we very much hope you feel that you are a member of our Parent Partnership. We really do need to hear all the advice and encouragement you can offer and cannot succeed without your support.
The Parent Partnership Steering Group
The John Henry Newman Parent Partnership Steering Group was inaugurated in November 2015 and meets on a monthly basis to ensure that parents have a strong voice in guiding the direction of the college (please see the school calendar for the exact dates of meetings). If you are at all interested in joining the steering group please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will send you further details.
CONTACT US LINK
The steering group is made up of parents or carers, with children across all key stages, alongside teachers, governors, senior school leaders, students and community representatives. A full list of the members of the steering group can be seen at the link below.
STEERING GROUP LINK
The Leading Parent Partnership Award
In order to ensure that our Parent Partnership maintains a strong purposeful direction, we set out, from the beginning, to gain the Leading Parent Partnership Award which is a nationally recognised award with a strong robust structure covering all angles of parent partnership work. The steering group regularly discuss how our work is developing in relation to the Key Performance indicators (KPI’s), which must be met to gain the award. The key objectives which we must meet to gain the award are shown below.
The Leading Parent Partnership Award Objectives
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA
- The school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents
- The school promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning
- The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation.
- The school provides a good induction for all new parents
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home-school links and improve children’s attendance, punctuality, behaviour, progress and positive participation in school
- The school provides good support for all parents as their children leave the school
- The school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives
(A full copy of the ACTION PLAN can be seen here along with updates we have provided over the last 15 months)
Celebrating all we have done together!
The John Henry Newman Parent Partnership has made incredible moves forward over the last 2 years. One of the highlights of our work was the Parent Partnership Summer Festival we ran this summer. Below is a video of this wonderful day.